William Lord, born at Kennebunk Landing in 1799, was a merchant and ship owner who became one of Kennebunk's most important patriarchs and citizens. His dry goods store on Main Street is the focal point of the Brick Store Museum.
Lord's great granddaughter Edith Cleaves Barry inherited the building and began the museum on its second floor in 1936. The original store, along with three other buildings on the block are linked internally and make up the Brick Store Museum.
Selected Brick Store Museum images:
- Kennebunkport, ca. 1890
- Steam tug Lester L, Kennebunkport, 1894
- Schooner Julia Frances, Kennebunkport, 1889
- Ship Reuce, Kennebunk, 1881
- David Clark shipyard, Kennebunkport, 1900
- Titcomb shipyard, Kennebunk Landing, ca. 1850-60
- Blue silk dress, c. 1870
- Two dresses, one worn by Mary B. Hunt, c. 1865
- Two piece brown satin dress worn by Mrs. Henry G. Thayer, 1880
- Three dresses, child's dress from the 1840s
- Sally Wood cross-stitch bookmark, Kennebunk
- Kennebunk in the Future, ca. 1905